[and bad hair days]

4.19.2006

revisited memories

my grandma passed away over 10 years ago. it's sad. i can't even remember her voice. i know it devistated my mom when she had to see the woman she most admired fade so quickly.

back then i wasn't close with my mom. never thought i would be. now i call her twice a day.

the relationship between mothers and daughters facinates me. you butt heads. you can't stand eachother. you say "oh my God i just sounded exactly like my mom." you eventually understand that even when you don't see eye to eye that you are flesh & blood. you are a part of eachother. & then you end up switching roles and the daughter plays the mother at the end of the mothers life. full circle.

below is a postcard my grandma sent my mom back in the day. nothing special at the time. now however the simple letters that make up her handwriting keep her from fading out of our memory.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home